The Chamber is recruiting potential Board members who are engaged in the community and are decision-makers within their organizations. Nominees must be prepared to represent Gahanna businesses and be committed to fostering growth and change to strengthen the economic vitality of the Gahanna business communities.
Purpose of the Board
The Board of Directors responsibility includes, but is not limited to, formulating policy and establishing and enforcing procedures. As such the board:
- Assists the chamber in achieving its mission and goals
- Reviews and authorizes the chamber’s annual action plan
- Approves the creation of committees and the appointment of committee chairpersons
- Hears and responds to reports and recommendations of committees
- Facilitates communication on issues affecting the business community
- Elects officers with the Board of Directors and fills all vacancies occurring on the board in accordance with the bylaws.
Requirements of the Board
- Must be a current member of the Chamber in good standing
- The term of office is three years, with option to renew for a second 3-year term.
- The Board of Directors meet monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 8:30am.
- All Board Members are expected to take an active leadership role in the Chamber.
- It is estimated that the time commitment for a Board Member is at least ten (10) hours a month, on average.
- Board Members are expected to attend as many Chamber functions as possible, including ribbon cuttings, committee meetings, chamber off the clocks, and events as needed.